Skip to content

Ideas and Feedback

Ideas and Feedback

Categories

• or

230 results found

1. Support agents can access data in any user's machine without asking their permissions. It is a major information security risk and has been identified by data security auditor. I have raised requests earlier but they all have been ignored. Please get it fixed otherwise companies who are aware about information security will not recomend Atera. You can regenerate it by going to any Device >>> Manage >>> File Transfer. I would like to request all other community members to vote for it to get it fixed asap.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to filter machines in a folder view to shown offline machines only.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The ability to query warranty expiration date, and give a report of machines approaching that warranty expiration date.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The existing preset threshold item for the "Software Installed" event has a description of "Trigger an alert whenever new software is installed based on Event IDs 11707 and 1033"

It does this, but it also catches false positives. Other events that are not software installs can also have Event ID 1033. The exact same scenario also happens for Event ID 1034, which is designed to notify of software uninstalls.

Examples:
    Event Log: Application | Event Id: 1033
    These policies are being excluded since they are only defined with override-only attribute.
    Policy Names=(Security-SPP-Reserved-EnableNotificationMode)
    App Id=REDACTED
    Sku Id=REDACTED
    [Machine Name: REDACTED]

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Majority of my deployments are Apple only. Please add wake functionality to work for the Mac side when no PC is there.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Agent  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Nice! The feature you requested is being reviewed by our product team. We’ll keep an eye on the number of votes, and let you know if a decision is reached to implement. Thank you for being a partner in our process!

6. Hi Team, We are using Atera RMM tool this month for our 1500 above machine software installation and security patch updates. whenever i pushed any software i want to track how many machines installed successfully and how many machines are failed. I need a report to extract by Excel and pdf to show the management by daily basis. I have checked in Report-recent process there is no option to extract any excel or pdf format. we need a machine list automation task report with valid reason to find why those machines are not installed . As well…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. List all machines with software of a certain version number and above/below (useful for example for finding java versions that require a license for commercial use)

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  Nir Gilbert responded

Nice! The feature you requested is being considered for development. We’ll keep an eye on the number of votes, and let you know if a decision is reached to implement. Thank you for being a partner in our process!

8. Very simple I've noticed a new marketing message trying to sell an addional agent licence because I'm logged into Atera twice. Techically I'm not using 2 licences I'm simply spreading interface items across mulitple monitors. I only ever initiate a machine connection from always the same instance. I use the second session to look at tickets, call up passwords, check documentation. I use 4 monitors and a single webpage session just doesn't cut in these days and navigation gets rather clumsy moving round the same session. The main issue is its not always possible to lock a contact to an…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to build new thresholds, based on the feedback from scripts. This would require parsing the results from the scripts, comparing with standard texts, and picking out numbers that thresholds can be set for.

I think this would allow much more customization, especially for Macs and Linux devices that don't have as much standard functionality.

My current use case is this:
    We have mostly Macs, and we require everybody to encrypt their disks. We can check each device by running a script (The "FileVault active check" from your standard library). If the disk is encrypted, it always returns…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The agent program would need to be equipped with a watchdog process. It typically breaks down regularly in an undersized environment on a memory weak client machine. If the program has not communicated for 1 day, restart it automatically.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If an automation calls for a scheduled reboot, the alert system should not alert "machine status unknown" right away. In these instances, it should wait some time (like 20-30 minutes) before alerting. 99% of the time, no alert should occur. If updates fail or a server doesn't come back up after a reboot, an alert should occur since the 20-30 minutes have elapsed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I recently had issue with needing the end user to initiate a TeamViewerQS session so I could manually remove (regedit) ALL relationships to the AteraAgent. After a reboot, I was then able to re-install the agent.

To have an enduser able to run the executable to clean up, then run the installer, after a reboot would have resolved the issues with this client's machine weeks earlier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I was told they are not the same, but it is basically the same. You want to know when the system was rebooted/shutdown. I had a client that hadn't rebooted, but they shutdown their machine every night. The system reports this as uptime, which is very wrong.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Some jobs get stuck in the "in progress" State and the ability to remove them would be great. Especially when they fail and have to be run again, this will prevent us from having multiple of the same processes for one machine. Which in turn will making viewing the report much easier when updating or running scripts on multiple machines at once.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The option to assigned contract not on a customer but on a folder in device for a customer.

remote monitoring contract can count all device type on a customer and bill that up against the contract rate.

Say you take 300$ for PC support and the client has 10 machines then it will automaticly bill the client 3000$.

But what if the client has 5 machines with 300$ support pack and 5 machines with a 150$ support pack. This you can't autobill with the remote monitoring contract.

If you could put contract on folders and have the …

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Our company needs to monitor the available space for shared volume clusters so our virtual machines don't shut down all at once. The problem is that Atera can only monitor available space on drive letters and nowhere else.

Right now we're using a powershell script to regularly check in on the cluster volume, which is far from ideal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would love to globally set my agents to only play sound on the remote machine and not on mine, and also to remove the splashtop printers as I don't need them. It would be useful to have both of these options configured as default for new agents also

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have atera compare serial number on device in order to make it easier to hunt down the same agent appearing twice or more because of reinstall of client.

It would be nice with joint report that shows clearly what machines and to what customer they are connected. And also a auto cleanup cross all customers and for a single customer.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Agent  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am a manager in a team of 5. Myself and one other are dedicated to maintaining the hardware and endpoint software on our network. We both have Atera licences and work onsite.

I also have 3 team members who develop inhouse software applications for use by our clinical colleagues. All three of these team members now work from home permanently. There have been many occasions where it would have been useful for these three colleagues to have the ability to remote control users machines who are onsite for support and training purposes, particularly recently.

As manager for both…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Having a ticket automatically created when a tech hits the Connect button to remotely login to a customer machine. There are times when a tech will connect to a computer to do or check something when there is not already a ticket created. Having a ticket automatically created or opened to fill in by the tech any time they connect would keep them from forgetting to track their time or documenting what they do. We are still using GoToAssist for remote support and at the end of each session a box pops up for the tech to fill in…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tickets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Nice! The feature you requested is being reviewed by our product team. We’ll keep an eye on the number of votes, and let you know if a decision is reached to implement. Thank you for being a partner in our process!

• Don't see your idea?