Ideas and Feedback

Ideas and Feedback

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

55 results found

1. It would be great for a tech to be able to set themselves as 'out of office' if they're away for any period of time. This way if a client updates a ticket assigned to that tech we can have an automation rule unassign the ticket so someone else can deal with it.

At present the only way to do this is either, have someone watching that tech's tickets, or unassign jobs before leaving for a holiday/sickness. The process is too manual.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. To assign a technician to give permission to certain folder and not everything. Restriction based on departments and not “sites”

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Business case

A customer who requires more than one MSP to provide services for their IT function. However, most vendors for PSA and RMM are great to provide a single tenancy per MSP with multiple technicians and multiple customers, but assuming the MSP is the single outsourcing party per IT customer. This is the common scenario with small IT customers.
    The bigger customers may have more than one MSP.
    The struggles are:
    1. Different vendors’ PSA and RMM add complexity and require integration between MSPs
    2. Single point of contact from a customer perspective requires one MSP to take all…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. You provide a limited license to your customer for the purposes of enabling some level of IT support or support assistance such as tracking and prioritization

155 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. How are you using the Roles' functionality? Would you like us to add any new permissions? Would you like us to add any default roles? Share your needs...we're listening!

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great if we can enable the recording for remote session permanently and save the video on the cloud storage safely for auditing purposes. I know any desk has this recording feature, but the video gets saved on local computer where technician can delete or modify the video file. So, my suggestion is setting up integration with Cloud storage such as “Wasabi Cloud storage” and Any desk or Splashtop to save the video on the cloud. Wasabi provide very inexpensive cloud storage $6 for 1TB.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. More granular user permissions. A lot of things now require the highest admin rights which should really be reserved for the owner. Also, it would be nice if the folders for client devices allowed granular permissions, that way certain techs could have access to some client devices but not all.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Nice! The feature you requested is being reviewed by our product team. We’ll keep an eye on the number of votes, and let you know if a decision is reached to implement. Thank you for being a partner in our process!

8. When removing permission for a tech to see billing, it should remove the possibility for them to view contracts and being able to edit them as well.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I think it would be a good idea to be able to hide these tabs for certain roles
    EG we have a client that has an onsite technician and he has access to our ticketing system I do not want him to be able to see those tabs
    Our L1 techs should also not be able to see those tabs since we do not use them

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Not all technicians should have the same privileges per customer, folder, or machine.

We need the ability to limit level 1 or outsourced technicians from running scripts, accessing a remote command prompt or PowerShell.

Currently, all technicians have SYSTEM account access to all endpoints.

This is a major security concern!

Currently, any technician can reset or create admin credentials.

This includes Active Directory domain controllers.

Entering the following commands from a remote command prompt will grant all technicians domain admin rights.

net user administrator /active:yes
    net user administrator $NewPassword$

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Nice! The feature you requested is being reviewed by our product team. We’ll keep an eye on the number of votes, and let you know if a decision is reached to implement. Thank you for being a partner in our process!

11. Hi, it would be useful to hide the appcenter for specific users because there are the MSP Prices listed for the modules.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A separate permission that we can turn on/off to allow members of a Role to create new clients. I am not comfortable with the idea of allowing all of our technicians Full Admin Access just to have the ability to create a new client/customer.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be helpful to be able to control what Technicians see and have access to within IT Automation.
    ∙ A Technician cannot assign an IT Automation to a device or folder unless I turn on the IT Automation feature within the Technicians > Role Assignment.
    ∙ I don't want my Technicians to view or even be able to select an IT Automation that is not relevant to that particular Customer.
    ∙ If I enable IT Automation for a Technician, they can see all jobs, and edit all jobs, etc. It would be preferred that they can only view them…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We would like to have the ability to assign different licensing to different employees as an example if we have a security team to do some port checking or so we would like to assign them the network discovery option but not for the rest of the team that will never use it. This goes for Guest as well for example: Customer would lik to use our tool to jump on his own machines so we should be able to assign a limited license for remote management only.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Desperately need various roles for non-technical people to be able to access Atera for PSA and Billing purposes.

Sales people should be able to add customers/customer information, but never be allowed access to RMM functions like devices or scripts or anything technical--but the option to grant those permissions should also be there for technical-minded sales people. (Think Sales Engineer who moved to that role from Field Tech and helps clear ticket queues from time to time)

Billing people should be able to add/edit customers, do invoicing, manage ticket information (like correcting spelling errors) etc... but not have access to anything…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to set roles for viewing the Activity Log instead of providing full admin access or not. Currently if a user is not granted full admin access, they will not be able to view the activity log.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. To allow a Technician to add an SNMP device they need "Full Admin" access.

This is not great as I don't want a technician to see billing information.

Can you give the right to add SNMP, HTTP, Generic checks so I can assign this right to an Technician.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Role and permission: I want to provide a license for my client. I can limit his access on the platform. However, the client can still see all of the technicians that are one my account. I don’t want my customer to see all my technicians under my account. I don’t want my client to then contact my own technicians

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The ability for a role to allow customer creation. for example 1st liner technician needs to be able to assign contacts and companies to a new ticket and request. as of right now this CANT be done without giving FULL admin access to a role.
    It would be very helpful for new contacts to be able to be linked to a new company name. Without a company name they are stuck on unassigned which affects the reporting side of things.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In addition to a customer portal to view tickets, a non-technician licence which would allow end customers to see their devices and alerts as well

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?